Getting Started with DSL
Welcome to Willam and Mary Computer's high-speed broadband DSL connection. DSL can offer you the opportunity of a high-speed connection up to as much as 25 times faster than a 56K modem.
You must first read and understand the following information before signing up for DSL. There is no guarantee on the specific line speed you may receive. Willam and Mary Computer has absolutely no control over the incumbent telephone companies equipment. There are also some determinations you must make and we will do our best to help you make an informed decision.
DSL Billing Policy
Your credit/debit card will be billed on the 23rd of each month for the next months service. If payment is not received by the first of the month, your account will be placed on Hold and DSL will become inoperable. If payment is not received by the 10th of the month, on the 11th day, your account will be terminated. Renewal will require starting over with the setup fee and ordering your line connection again.
The setup fee is a NON-REFUNDABLE fee paid in advance to begin the steps required for DSL connections. It is a very time consuming process that covers things such as purchasing a special 'conditioned' line. We will interface with the telephone company for you. Many types of equipment must be setup and configured to recognize your full time high speed connection.
You must have a Pentium based PC that runs on Windows 95/98/2000/ME/NT/XP, has a minimum of 16MB of memory and at least 80MB of free disk space. Macintosh and Linux machines will work with DSL but Internet Services does not provide support for these platforms. Your computer will need a NIC (network card) and a special DSL modem.
- All requests for service are processed in the order of application.
- You must inform Willam and Mary Computer when your telephone line is connected.
- You are responsible for running the new telephone line within your home or business to your computer or hub.
- Your computer must meet minimum requirements.
- You must have a NIC (network card) installed and a special DSL modem.
- Firewall protection is highly recommended.
- Once you approve the ordering of the telephone line, the setup fee is NON_REFUNDABLE.
- Willam and Mary Computer has no control over the telephone line installed nor installation dates.
- Surge suppression with telephone protection is required.
- Insure that your residence is properly grounded.
- We will request that each telephone line order will be a "Conditioned" line. These are lines without bridge taps or load coils that can interfere with speeds (i.e. "clean lines").
- It is your responsibility to follow the cancellation policy for your dial-up account if no longer needed.
Willam and Mary Computer has the best network technicians available to help you with a trouble and stress free installation. They may be reached during our normal business hours.
If you do not feel comfortable modifying you computer, Willam and Mary Computer does offer service options at a hourly rate.
You will have your own DSL Contract specifying your responsibilities and Willam and Mary Computer responsibilities.
DSL Modem Warranty
Within 30 days from time of purchase, Willam and Mary Computer will replace the modem at no charge.
After the 30 days and up to one year, you may return the modem to the manufacturer directly for replacement, at your expense, and wait for the unit to be replaced, or;
You may pay a $25 handling and shipping fee to Willam and Mary Computer and receive a replacement modem immediately.
Your DSL account will remain OPEN and all services will continue until you give notice of account cancellation. All account cancellations must be received at least 10 days prior to the last day of the month and will be cancelled on the last day of the month at midnight. Any account cancellation received after the deadline will not be cancelled until the end of the next month.